Titles and Topics
Dr. Shearer presents to teachers, administrators, students and parents on the multiple intelligences and The MIDAS. These are interactive and customized to meet the questions and concerns of participants. He also conducts experiential, hands-on learning workshops that give participants practical experience and skill building opportunities. Additional sessions are available that focus on counselors, psychologists and business leaders. Below is a sampling of popular topics.
– MI Overview and Instructional Strategies:
– Educational Goals for an MI-Inspired Education
– MI Inspired Lesson Planning
– Career Planning and Counseling Applications for MI
– Individual Education Plans- Using MI Strengths to Maximize Motivation and Achievement
– Neuroscience and MI: State of the Art – Brain-based Educational Approaches
– MIDAS: Overview and Educational Applications
– MIDAS Certification
– MIDAS in Business: Leadership Development and other Management Applications
– Authentic Assessment for the Multiple Intelligences and Project-based Instruction
– Customized to meet your unique needs!
Working with teachers in Singapore and observing children in the Netherlands
“I teach fourth grade at Longcoy Elementary and participated in The MIDAS project last school year. I am writing to let you know that all my students last year passed the reading Ohio Achievement Test and I feel like what I learned during our meetings played a big part in getting those results. Thank you for all your help. I look forward to learning more.
Sincerely, Liz Shorr Longcoy Elementary, An Exemplary School, with Distinction. Kent, Ohio